Today I want to contribute with some ideas of what to do in Feldkirch, my home city.
Feldkirch is a beautiful place to visit and its also a great place to go out, especially if you consider, that its a really small city with a population of about 31.000 people. All the bars and clubs I mention here are located in the centre of Feldkirch, you can find some more in the outskirts, but this are not places that I normally visit.
- Dogana: The Dogana is my personal favorite in Feldkirch – during the day it is a very nice café, but in the evening it is one of the best bars in Feldkirch. Moreover it features a great restaurant upstairs, which I have to recommend. If you are inside the downstair bar, they have a menu, but you can also ask for the upstair menu. You can sit outside and have a great view towards the Schattenburg.
- Rauch – Café, Bar and Restaurant: The Rauch has two locations, one is the Café, Bar, Restaurant, the other is nearby and is a Club, who should be considered if you do love alternative electronic music. The Rauch itself is a rather small bar, which is always very crowded. Its definitely a place to meet the hipsters of Feldkirch. The Restaurant is very good, but frequented from quite a different crowd. Great place to sit outside in Feldkirchs central “Marktgasse” in Spring and Summer.
- Braugaststätte Rössle – the Rössle used to be a traditional tavern, but it now resides in a very modern building, beneath the landmark of Feldkirch, the Schattenburg. This is a great place to get traditional Austrian and Vorarlberg Cuisine, have some really great beer and a chat with your friends. They also show Champions League football on big screens, which always attracts a lot of people to visit this place. In summer its really nice to sit outside and have a beer there, especially as they have some for a rather long time.
This are great places to visit the whole day and in the evenings – if you want to go out and dance until early morning you should consider this two places in Feldkirch.
- Rauch Club – partner of the Rauch Cafe, Bar, Restaurants. Very hip and very trendy with a lot of great DJs. Probably the best place in Feldkirch if you want to dance to Electronic Music.
- Stone Club – this is a hidden gem: to find the entrance of this very small Club you might want to ask some locals, as it is really hidden. Once inside you find a really old school bar with a great alternative music line up. People go there after midnight and it is open as long as the owner, Klaus, likes the atmosphere 😉
- It´s cold outside … (happyheartofeurope.wordpress.com)
- HISTORYcal.Feldkirch & great ideas (happyheartofeurope.wordpress.com)
2 responses to “My favorite places in Feldkirch for a night out”
Good to see someone writing about there home town. All too often bloggers forget what is on their doorstep.
One of my aims with this blog is to give travelers who come to my area an idea of what to do and what to expect. Therefore I will add some advice like this from time to time … I am happy you like that.