Today I want to contribute with some ideas of what to do in Feldkirch, my home city.
Feldkirch is a beautiful place to visit and its also a great place to go out, especially if you consider, that its a really small city with a population of about 31.000 people. All the bars and clubs I mention here are located in the centre of Feldkirch, you can find some more in the outskirts, but this are not places that I normally visit.
- Dogana: The Dogana is my personal favorite in Feldkirch – during the day it is a very nice café, but in the evening it is one of the best bars in Feldkirch. Moreover it features a great restaurant upstairs, which I have to recommend. If you are inside the downstair bar, they have a menu, but you can also ask for the upstair menu. You can sit outside and have a great view towards the Schattenburg.
- Rauch – Café, Bar and Restaurant: The Rauch has two locations, one is the Café, Bar, Restaurant, the other is nearby and is a Club, who should be considered if you do love alternative electronic music. The Rauch itself is a rather small bar, which is always very crowded. Its definitely a place to meet the hipsters of Feldkirch. The Restaurant is very good, but frequented from quite a different crowd. Great place to sit outside in Feldkirchs central “Marktgasse” in Spring and Summer.
- Braugaststätte Rössle – the Rössle used to be a traditional tavern, but it now resides in a very modern building, beneath the landmark of Feldkirch, the Schattenburg. This is a great place to get traditional Austrian and Vorarlberg Cuisine, have some really great beer and a chat with your friends. They also show Champions League football on big screens, which always attracts a lot of people to visit this place. In summer its really nice to sit outside and have a beer there, especially as they have some for a rather long time.
This are great places to visit the whole day and in the evenings – if you want to go out and dance until early morning you should consider this two places in Feldkirch.
- Rauch Club – partner of the Rauch Cafe, Bar, Restaurants. Very hip and very trendy with a lot of great DJs. Probably the best place in Feldkirch if you want to dance to Electronic Music.
- Stone Club – this is a hidden gem: to find the entrance of this very small Club you might want to ask some locals, as it is really hidden. Once inside you find a really old school bar with a great alternative music line up. People go there after midnight and it is open as long as the owner, Klaus, likes the atmosphere 😉
- It´s cold outside … (happyheartofeurope.wordpress.com)
- HISTORYcal.Feldkirch & great ideas (happyheartofeurope.wordpress.com)